Graphic Courtesy of MEMA
Mississippi was hit hard by severe weather last Thursday, and the death toll has risen to three as assessments continue across the state.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has confirmed three storm-related deaths, and so far, the National Weather Service has confirmed that at least 19 tornadoes touched down across the state.
MEMA has also released its initial county-by-county damage report, which can be seen below.
Initial damage reports by county (assessments ongoing):
- Adams: Power outages reported
- Amite: One storm-related fatality
- Chickasaw: Homes damaged
- Claiborne: Power outages reported
- One EF-1 tornado that started in Jefferson County
- Clay: Multiple roads flooded, couple of trees down
- Copiah: Multiple power outages reported
- Forrest: Trees down
- Hinds: Towns of Raymond, Utica, and Learned and have significant damage.
- Two EF-2 tornadoes
- One EF-1 tornado
- One EF-0 tornado that traveled to Madison County
- 44 homes, two businesses, one road, and six public buildings damaged
- Jefferson: Widespread power outages reported, trees down
- One EF-1 tornado that traveled to Claiborne County
- Kemper: Unknown number of homes damaged
- Lamar: Trees down
- Leake: Houses damaged, damage reported in towns of Lena, Edinburg, Renfroe, and Walnut Grove
- Lincoln: One storm-related fatality
- Lowndes: Trees down, homes damaged, power outages reported,
- Madison: Multiple power outages
- One EF-0 tornado that started in Hinds County
- Neshoba: One storm-related death, multiple homes damaged, power outages reported.
- Two EF-1 tornadoes in the city of Philadelphia.
- Noxubee: Multiple homes damaged, power outages reported, AT&T cell tower down in Shuqulak
- Oktibbeha: Several roads flooded, multiple homes damaged, trees down.
- Perry: Seven homes and one business damaged
- Rankin:38 homes affected; 11 business damaged
- One EF-2 tornado that started in Simpson County
- Three EF-1 tornadoes
- Scott: City of Morton reporting widespread damage; homes damaged throughout the county.
- One EF-2 tornado
- Two EF-1 tornadoes
- One EF-0 tornado that started in Smith County
- Simpson: 35 homes damaged, 2 businesses damaged
- One EF-2 tornado that traveled to Rankin County
- Smith: Widespread damage in the Polkville area
- One EF-1 tornado
- One EF-0 tornado that traveled to Scott County
- Warren: One home damaged, power outages reported
- Wayne: Power outages reported
- Webster: Homes damaged
- Winston: Power outages reported; multiple homes damaged
The post Death toll rises to 3 after last Thursday’s storms appeared first on News Mississippi.